Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    06mustang is offline 1st Gear Member

Question HELP !!!! CD Error message

Question: I was on my way back from my Cali trip and the CD I was listening to started to skip and shut off. I now have a "CD ERROR" message. I can not play, load or eject CD's. Also it appears the CD mode is still on even though the radio is playing. Any suggestions? It is a shaker 500 in my 06 mustang

Last edited by 06mustang; 08-25-2011 at 04:29 PM.

GT800 is offline Banned

try pulling the battery for 15 minutes if that doesnt do it the head unit is shot.

Matticus91 is offline Mahderaytohrrrrrr

Damn these things are such a pita... mine does the same exact thing sometimes.
    -Matt

2carssigedittiny 1peelout
    2002 GT Manual Coupe, Silver on Black Leather with some mods. The rain/snow mobile
    2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R Black on black zero mods. The daily driver

Want your car photographed/filmed? Click HERE!

Stangman Jonathan is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Common Shaker Issue, nothing like driving and having it start shooting out disks into the back row of my car....got rid of it and bought the Avic D3 from Pioneer. Definitely recommend upgrading if you can, it'll most likely keep doing it from that point on, mine did.
    Jonathan's Nadine
    2005 Mustang 4.6 Conversion
    - Detroit Rockers CAMS, TCI Torque Converter, Kooks Long Tubes w/Catted H-Pipe, KR500 Mufflers, FRRP CAI w/CDC Shaker & tuned by Big Daddy Performance, Roush Height-Adjustable Coil-Overs, Adjustable PHB Bar, Upgraded Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Front Control Arm Brace, Glossy Black FR500 18x10 wheels on 275s all around.

NJStangers' Blog | NJSEOs Website Design & Internet Marketing

kittyspike is offline Nikki Doodadz

Even the CD player in my '99 crapped out after a while. I had the premium stereo then too - so glad to see that Ford fixed this.

The CD started getting stuck in the player and I would have to push all kinds of combinations of buttons and shut the car off, and turn it back on just to get it to give me my CD back. After a while these tricks stopped working and I just gave up. I heard from my brother that the guy I sold the '99 to (a co-worker of his) had a CD of mine, which he'd managed to pry free of the player ONLY by taking the unit apart. :s

Get a new head unit or upgrade to an ipod. For real serious.
    `Nikki

newsig 5
    2010 V6 Premium Coupe: custom-made 'grabber blue' and black leather interior, 18" charcoal AMR wheels, custom stripes, 4 piece billet grill, Raxiom Black Projector Headlights, GT500 Rear Valence, NXT Color-match Hood Lift Kit, SHR Black Fuel Door

Performance mods: BBK CAI, Pypes True Dual Exhaust conversion, Pypes Shorty Headers, Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Tubular Lower Control Arms

G9-07-Eddie is offline Vice-President/Administrator

that has happened to mine now and then but like they say might be the head unit itself depend son the cd if its store bought one or a copy
    Eddie

HELP !!!!  CD Error message
    ITC CREW

06mustang is offline 1st Gear Member

Ty to all I am going to look into upgrading to a Avic D3. I have my (6) cd's in the unit still hopefully I can get them out lol. Thanks again.

Stangman Jonathan is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Pioneer Avic D3 is no longer made but you can find a used on EBay for a good price or get a new version of the unit (not a fan of it) I bought a new one for my Mustang a few years ago and just bought a fully loaded used one for my F150 with Bluetooth, Satellite Radio (dont really use, just for traffic), Ipod Adapter, Nav, DvD/CD Player, for under $300.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Car-Electron...=p3286.c0.m282
    Last edited by Stangman Jonathan; 08-27-2011 at 09:43 AM.
    Jonathan's Nadine
    2005 Mustang 4.6 Conversion
    - Detroit Rockers CAMS, TCI Torque Converter, Kooks Long Tubes w/Catted H-Pipe, KR500 Mufflers, FRRP CAI w/CDC Shaker & tuned by Big Daddy Performance, Roush Height-Adjustable Coil-Overs, Adjustable PHB Bar, Upgraded Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Front Control Arm Brace, Glossy Black FR500 18x10 wheels on 275s all around.

NJStangers' Blog | NJSEOs Website Design & Internet Marketing

Hotshot is offline Banned

you can find another shakker head unit around for say $50 to replace or you can upgrade.

If you had an 07 i'd say just use the input jack and play MP3's but the 05,06 didn't have that option yet.

mustangxabbeyxo is offline 2nd Gear Member

this is a very common issue.... same thing happened to mine i had the shaker 500 system as well. your best bet is just to get a new cd player because slowly it just stops working. when i got mine out the cd player broke one of my cds so be prepared for that too
    2002- abbey.
    1968- project.
    1990- rena, rallystang.

3n33kc3oe5Q95Sa5Rb9ba73c3807d9e0 1

speed on up, take it to the limit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information